Looking to buy a boat or yacht? Before you make this huge step, consider for a moment all the costs involved with being a boat owner and getting the most of the boating lifestyle. Every dollar that you can save on the purchase will certainly go to good use when you are spending time with family and friends out on the water.
1. Head to the library and look at all those boating magazines they have for loan. Take a look at the classifieds section and you will find deal after deal on some pretty amazing vessels. Many of these boats are slightly used, meaning you get to reap the rewards of all the upgrades they incorporated into the boat when they bought it new.
2. Craigslist is a great website to check for boat deals. Many of the people who locally list a boat for sale in this website are willing to deal This means if you show up to their residence with cash, they may be willing to let the boat go for far less than they were considering before you made the call. Money talks in this instance.
3. If there is a boat show coming to your town, grab a ticket and spend the day immersed in everything about boating. Not only are boat manufacturers on hand ready to deal, you could meet local dealers who have plenty of used inventory on hand and may drop the price if you deal today.
4. Facebook groups is a great place to connect with others in our town who are into boating. In addition to talking everything boating, sellers of all sorts use this platform to get out of deals. There might be some local resident having to relocate and need to sell today. Again, cash is going to help you negotiate the best deals.
5. While the local newspaper may be be dying out, it is still a great source for some sweet boat deals. Check the classifieds sections this week because these boat sellers are motivated, They pay good money to be in the paper, so if you know they need to sell, shoot them a low offer and see where this takes you.
So chunk down this list one at a time, and before you know it, the boat deal of the century will present itself to you.